October 1, 2007....Half Dome. MS go home


After learning I might have to live withMS for awhile, we decided to do something we've wanted to do for quite some time. We called our friend Steve in Honoulu and asked him to join us on a trip to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. Always up for adventure, Steve came and joined us.
I call to do something fun such as hike to the top of Half Dome, you may want to do your best to clear your schedule and come along. This was quite a thrill. The first part of the hike was the normal plodding along dirt trails and rocks, looking at trees and distant views. But when you arrive at Half Dome's base, it all changes.
Healthy people can make the trip in around 12 hours. My legs were pretty weak so we decided to do the trip with a guide and do it overnight. Being 6'5" and 255 lbs meant I was going to have to do this under my own power for the most part, and my wife wanted the extra help in case there was any carrying invvolved.
We made it to the top on the morning of the second day and what a view. It was here I decided once and for all that I was going to beat this thing.

Mike

No comments: